So today i’m back with a new recipe, healthy granola perfect for adding a little crunch to your porridge in the morning or served on its own with yogurt/milk and some fruit on top!
What you’ll need
1 cup of oats
.25 cup of mixed seeds (sunflower, chia etc.)
4 tbsp of oil ( coconut, olive oil etc.)
.25 cup of honey
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract
(Please note this is for a small serving, alter to your preference and adjust to ensure that the mixture isn’t too dry or too wet)
What to do
1. Melt the honey, vanilla extract and oil in a saucepan over a low heat
2. While that is heating, mix your seeds and oats together.
3. Once the honey and oil have been heated add it into the oats and seeds mixture.
4. Ensure that the mixture is covered evenly add in oats if the mixture is too wet or more heated oil and honey if its too dry.
5. Spread evenly into baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6. Pop into the oven. Remember to keep checking and move the mixture around to ensure it is cooked evenly.
7. After about 20/25 minutes it should be cooked. Take out of the oven and onto a cooling tray.
8. Once cooled add in extras such as goji berries and raisins etc. Pop into airtight sealed container until next use.